Currently Getting Ready for an MMA competition in October here in Korea, Using a Westside modified program I pulled from defrancos website. Added more Scapular retraction work and more quad emphasis on unilateral exercises. Rounds here are generally 10 minutes + 5minutes which is going to be tough seeing as in the past ive only prepped for grappling competitions with much shorter rounds.
- DE Lower Body Movement (Jump variation)
- ME Upper Body movement
- Posterior chain lower body movement
- DB press variation
- Lat/Upper vertical back superset
- Ab circuit (high reps)
- ME Lower Body Movement
- Rep Upper Body movement (chin-up or push-up variation)
- Unilateral lower body movement
- Shrug/back horizontal variation super-setted with rear delt movement
- Grip training
- Weighted abdominals
Conditioning is fairly standard mixing up standard BW and weight work with speed and mobility throw in for good measure, working on 5 minute rounds which I aim to make longer. Ill post more about these when I can take some photo’s.
Ive also picked up a pair of Reversal Dogi Design Works shorts which ill review soon. Just from looking at them I can tell you the build quality is really high and they look really nice.