This day long workshop is suitable for golf coaches, strength and conditioning coaches and medical professionals interested in golf. It may also be useful for the elite golfer who is well educated on the topic. The focus of the day is on the physical preparation of the golf athlete.
Over the course of the day, we aim to cover the topics outlined below:
- Introduction to the physical demands of golf
- How specific do we really need to be?
- So how should a golfer train?
- Practical session (S&C for golf)
- Tournament/in-season training
- Practical (in-season training)
- Warm-up and active recovery in golf
- Practical (warm-up and active recovery)
- Rest, recovery and workload management for the busy golfer
Date and Time
Thu, August 3, 2017
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM BST
Unit 8 Eckersley Road
Who are your presenters?
Dan Coughlan is the National Lead for Sports Science and Medicine with England Golf. He is a Consultant Physiotherapist and S&C coach with the European Tour Performace Institute as well as a member of their Medical Advisory Board. Dan is also a PhD researcher and lecturer, with interests in the physical preparation of the golf athlete and the application of strength and conditioning practices to therapy.
William Wayland is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). He coaches and operates Powering Through Performance a Strength & Conditioning facility in Chelmsford, Essex, U.K., where he is responsible for the preparation of UFC fighters, professional boxers, world champion grappling athletes, and professional golfers. William is a former Sports Science educator and practising BJJ purple belt.
To Book Click link below;